Today marks Day 1 of my writing challenge.
That means it’s Foodie Friday—and I’ve decided to share with you one of my
favorite, most delicious and
I love to eat healthy but the prep work can often be time-consuming. Not with this dish! It doesn’t take a great deal of pre-planning. As long as you have a pepper, you can throw in whatever veggies you have in the fridge.
I like this method of roasting the peppers first. Here’s the scoop:
- Preheat oven to 450 F
- Rinse and prepare quinoa according to directions (similar to rice: 1 cup quinoa, 2 cups water or chicken/veggie stock, bring to boil, reduce, and simmer for 15 mins, let stand)
- Cut peppers in half, drizzle both halves with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and seasons both sides with salt and pepper
- Roast peppers (cut-side down) for about 15-20 mins until tender (they look pruny and a little charred on the edges)
- Meanwhile: heat some olive oil (or coconut oil) in a pan. Throw in quinoa and add those veggies! (I like to add garlic, onions, zucchini, mushrooms, leeks—but you can add anything, even meats!) Season to your liking (salt, pepper, etc.)
- Stir fry until tender— don’t overcook, especially if you’re planning on reheating these!
- Remove peppers from oven, fill, top with cheese (I like feta or shredded cheddar), and enjoy
- Or you can cool and store in the fridge for later. Simply reheat later at 375 F until hot.