This is one of my favorite breakfast dishes. It’s a great way to get in plenty of protein and healthy fats. Not only is it delicious, the preparation takes under 2 minutes. Really! Pop these babies in while you get ready for your day and let the oven do the work. No stirring, whisking, crisping, flipping, or buttering. Let’s get crackin‘.
- One organic Hass avocado
- Two organic free-range eggs
- Sea salt & cracked pepper
- Garlic powder
- Shredded cheese (optional)
- Organic salsa (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut avocado in half. Remove pit.
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil
- Arrange avocado halves on foil; fold extra pieces of foil to balance the halves so they don’t roll
- Crack one raw egg into each half
- Top with garlic powder, salt, and pepper
- Bake for 10-15 minutes (depending on how hard you want the egg)
- Add cheese with about 1-2 minutes of baking time left (optional)
- Spoon salsa on top (optional)